Automation and Controls Technician
What will be your role?
Working closely with the production team, the Automation and Control Technician will work with the automation department to design and develop control systems for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems (HVAC-R) installed in maritime vessels.
- Perform point-to-point tests on control panels, HVAC units, prepare reports and help troubleshoot these issues.
- Carry out the electrical test (supplied with power); 600VAC, 440VAC, 120VAC, etc. (power, power factor, DAR, PI, hypo test, etc.).
- Test and adjust variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- Collaborate in the writing and preparation of Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) of the various equipment.
- Responsible for testing, downloading programs, start-up, commissioning and maintenance of assigned projects. Tests and troubleshoots network HVAC system controls, during commissioning and Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
- Provide support to technicians and engineers from other disciplines during the start-up and commissioning of projects on site.
- Complete commissioning documentation.
- Coach and train the cablers team by answering their technical questions and sharing feedback on the construction of the panels.
- Perform a post-mortem after each project to discuss opportunities for improvements in panel design, manufacturing and component selection with the engineer in charge of the project.
What sets you apart?
- 5+ years of experience in control automation and panel manufacturing.
- DEC in electrical engineering or control instrumentation or equivalent experience
- Experience with different industrial control systems
- Experience on different types of electrical tests; power, PI, DAR, Hypo, Power factor, etc.
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives (VFDs) and parameters
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine, a global leader of complete marine heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems providing turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide.
Headquartered in Brossard, Quebec, Bronswerk is recognized for its Naval HVAC system designs, system integration and Mil-Spec equipment manufacturing that comply with all international standards. Bronswerk manages the entire process, from design to commissioning, installation and in-service support.
What sets Bronswerk’s apart?
- Life, Dental, Health & Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Program
- Wellness Program
- Friday afternoons off year-round
- Happy Hour, Teambuilding activities and more
- Recognition and Reward Program
- Day shift
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com