What will be your role?
Reporting to the Director of Automation Controls, the Automation Controls Engineer will work with Project Managers to design and develop systems, install (commission), troubleshoot, repair, and program control systems for Marine HVAC (including electrical, algorithm and software design) for Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems installed in large marine vessels.
The incumbent will play an important role as part of a team to develop products and systems for global projects by embracing new controls/technologies working with shipyard globally to reduce ship cabling, build costs through innovative solutions. The Automation Controls Engineer will also act as company “expert” in Electrical Systems during installation (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing and programming control systems in vessels.
- Designs control panels using AutoCAD Electrical. Produce associated shop drawings and wiring diagrams under the supervision of the Automation & Controls Manager.
- Programs and configure PLC and HMI.
- Provides input to the project planning process, assesses the time required for the project engineering and the detailed design tasks.
- Responsible for end-to-end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects Testing and trouble-shooting equipment and network HVAC systems controls, during commissioning and Factory acceptance tests Performing point-to-point commissioning of sensors and other system inputs.
- Supports Field Engineers during start-up and commissioning.
- Update AutoCAD control panel drawing and wiring diagrams under the supervision of the Automation & Controls Manager.
- Reading and interpreting control sequence logic from control philosophy documents.
- Checking the calibration of system sensors and transmitters.
- Filling out commissioning documentation.
What sets you apart?
- 8-10 years of experience in HVAC/Controls; or equivalent combination of education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation & Automation or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with various PLC and Industrial controls systems
- Familiar with PLC programming and implementation (Siemens TIA and Logo Controller, Beijer)
- Autonomous with strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills in automation
- Experience in drawing panel layouts in AutoCAD Electrical (or other software) – an asset
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 15%.
How do you apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: email@example.com
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine, a global leader of complete marine heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems providing turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide.
What sets Bronswerk apart?
- Up to $95,000 annually based on qualifications
- Hybrid position
- Life, Dental, Health, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Program
- Wellness Program
- Friday afternoons off year-round
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org