What will be your role?
Reporting to the In-Service Support Manager, the Industrial Electrician will work closely with the Production and Project Managers to implement electrical design and develop systems, install (commission), troubleshoot, repair of diversified electrical systems for Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems installed in large marine vessels.
The incumbent will play an important role as part of the Halifax team to act as company “expert” in Electrical Systems during installation (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing and assisting with programming control systems in vessels.
- Responsible for end-to-end testing, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Wiring and building panels and performing quality checks of the panel assemblies including point to point testing
- Provides input to the project planning process, assesses the time required to aid in project engineering and the detailed design tasks.
- Provides technical support on projects, feasibility studies, and profitability assessments.
- Testing and trouble-shooting equipment and network HVAC systems controls, during commissioning and Factory acceptance tests Performing point-to-point commissioning of sensors and other system inputs;
- Cable routing, installation and terminating of cables on electrical equipment (refrigeration plants, chillers etc.)
- Supports Field Engineers during start-up and commissioning.
- Update AutoCAD control panel drawing and wiring diagrams under the supervision of Electrical Design Engineer
- Checking the calibration of system sensors and transmitters
- Filling out commissioning documentation.
- Coordinates with Automation Controls Manager to precisely understand requirements for all project installation, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
What sets you apart?
- 3 years + of experience as a Certified Red Seal Industrial Electrician
- Marine and Controls Experience – an asset.
- Familiar with HVAC Systems
- Experience in drawing panel layouts in AutoCAD Electric (or other software) – an asset
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft software
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 10%
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine is a global leader of complete marine heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems providing turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide. Bronswerk manages the entire process of the system life cycle; from design to commissioning, installation and in-service support.
What sets Bronswerk apart?
- Industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration Systems
- A workplace that encourages teamwork and innovation in order to meet our customers’ needs
- Competitive salary
- Life & Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Retirement program
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org