Journeyman Sheet Metal
What will be your role?
Reporting to the Installation Manager, the Journeyman Sheet Metal Installer will work in collaboration with the Vancouver installation team:
- Carry out HVAC installation, which includes ducting, fasteners on hangers and ducts, and insulation;
- Anchor and hook-up HVAC machinery such as air handling units, fans, chillers, ventilation equipment, etc;
- Assess job site and set up equipment prior to commencing work;
- Follow safety protocol and comply with safety and occupational standards;
- Install ducting & equipment as per diagrams and direction from the foreman;
- Rigging of heavy equipment below 200lbs;
- Ensure system is prepared for commissioning as per checklists and assist Engineers and Technicians in equipment testing and commissioning;
- Other appropriate tasks as requested by the foreman.
- Communicate daily progress and provide photos when requested.
- Report safety violations and poor performance or conduct;
- Identify field problems encountered and provide resolutions to the foreman;
- Notify the foreman immediately if the client requests BRONSWERK or any of its subcontractors to perform any work that may be considered outside the scope of work.
- Respect company policies;
- Respect the SMW 280 collective agreement
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- Holds a valid Red Seal accreditation
- Marine sheet metal experience (asset)
- Able to interpret installation drawings;
- Able to measure accurately (imperial and metric);
- Demonstrated good work quality and ability to work steadily to meet project timelines;
- Good physical dexterity to work in tight or awkward locations;
- No criminal record, must be able to meet security clearance requirements.
How do you apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: email@example.com
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine, a global leader of complete marine heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems providing turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide.
Bronswerk Marine has been selected as the Tier-1 supplier of HVAC-R installation services on the OFSV (Offshore Fisheries Science Vessels) and OOSV (Offshore Oceanographic Science Vessel) on the JSS Program (Join Support Ship) part of the Canada’s new National Shipbuilding Program being constructed in Vancouver Shipyard in North Vancouver BC.
What sets Bronswerk apart?
- Industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems
- Being part of exciting and challenging projects organization
- Have the opportunity to work in a very dynamic, diversified, and self-motivated team
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org