Working closely with the project systems project team, the Project Engineer Systems will be actively participating in the execution of projects often called upon to multi-task effectively and support multiple requests simultaneously.
You will provide technical and subject matter expertise on marine HVAC systems and components, ship design specifications, heating and cooling load calculations, duct pressure loss calculations, equipment and duct sizing calculations, controls philosophies, etc.
With guidance from the Engineering Manager and the Project Team:
- Design HVAC-R systems in both 2D and 3D, prepare Control System P&IDs, calculate heat loads, air balancing, duct sizing, pressure drop for ducting and piping systems, equipment selection and noise calculation.
- Analyses system costs including labour (detailed design, engineering, testing, installation) and components for review.
- Participates in identifying functional requirements and vendors as needed. Prepares technical documents related to projects including Operator/Maintainer Manuals and Training materials.
- Assist Project Manager in identifying and resolving project issues and risks.
- Coordinates with clients and support installation managers during the installation phase.
- Assist in commissioning activities and balancing of HVAC systems.
- May be called upon to assist with preparing technical quotations, assisting with system start-ups on board ships and performing Factory Acceptance Tests, Harbour Acceptance Tests and Sea Acceptance Tests
What sets you apart?
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering.
- + 1 year of related experience
- Coursework in HVAC-R design or heat transfer and thermodynamics.
- Excellent 2D and 3D design skills.
- Attention to quality and detail, as well as being a quick learner with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- No criminal record and must be able to meet security clearance requirements.
The Naval World intrigues you!
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity with a Marine HVAC industry leader? Do you want to actively contribute to projects from design to manufacturing, testing and up to delivery? If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, and are customer driven we want to meet you!
Who are we?
A global leader of naval, military and marine Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems & equipment. Bronswerk provides turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide. Bronswerk manages the entire process, from design to commissioning, installation and in-service support.
What sets Bronswerk’s apart?
- Hybrid position
- Life, Dental, Health, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Program
- Wellness Program
- Happy Hour, Teambuilding activities and more
- Recognition and Reward Program
- Ongoing professional development
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org