The Naval and Shipbuilding World intrigues you!
Are you looking to take up challenges in the development of HVAC-R solutions & equipment for the Naval industry? Do you want to actively contribute to projects from design to manufacturing, testing and up to delivery? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, and are customer driven?
If you are looking for stimulating challenges and being part of an ambitious and passionate team, we want to know you!
Who are we?
A global leader of naval, military and marine Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems & equipment. Bronswerk provides turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide. Bronswerk manages the entire process, from design to commissioning, installation and in-service support.
Working closely with the project team and the Director PMO & Government Programs, the Project Engineer will be actively participating in the execution of projects often called upon to multi-task effectively and support multiple requests simultaneously.
You will provide technical and subject matter expertise on marine HVAC systems and components, ship design specifications, heating and cooling load calculations, duct pressure loss calculations, equipment and duct sizing calculations, controls philosophies, etc.
With guidance from the Director PMO & Government Programs and the Project Team:
- Primarily responsible to act as the liaison between the system designers located in multiple offices.
- Design HVAC-R systems in both 2D and 3D, prepare Control System P&IDs, calculate heat loads, air balancing, duct sizing, pressure drop for ducting and piping systems, equipment selection and noise calculation.
- Analyses system costs including labour (detailed design, engineering, testing, installation) and components for review.
- Participates in identifying functional requirements and vendors as needed. Prepares technical documents related to projects including Operator/Maintainer Manuals and Training materials
- Assist Project Manager in identifying and resolving project issues and risks.
- Coordinates with clients and support installation managers during the installation phase.
- Commissioning the installed system: air balance, troubleshoot, and sell-off to the client.
- May be called upon to assist with preparing technical quotations, assisting with system start-ups on board ships and performing Factory Acceptance Tests, Harbour Acceptance Tests and Sea Acceptance Tests
- Working with Engineers in multiples offices, prepares conceptual designs in response to RFPs
- Supports the Sales Manager on more technical matters when meeting clients
- May be asked to prepare and present system design to clients
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in ship and HVAC system design and operation.
- Computer literate including AutoCAD, Inventor and ShipConstructor
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC and Ventilation Systems for ships
- Be willing to travel from time to time to multiple Shipyards in various locations.
- Ability to manage time efficiently to meet deadlines Attention to quality and detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- US Citizen
- Knowledge of Refrigeration (an asset)
What sets Bronswerk’s apart?
- Insurance benefit
- Retirement Program (401K)
- Recognition and Reward Program
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org