Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine, a global leader of complete marine heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems providing turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide.
Headquartered in Brossard, Quebec, Bronswerk is recognized for its Naval HVAC system designs, system integration and Mil-Spec equipment manufacturing that comply with all international standards. Bronswerk manages the entire process, from design to commissioning, installation and in-service support
Reporting to the Lead Project Manager, the Project Engineer Equipment will be called to work in a number of different areas lead by project managers, to design and deliver most cost-effective HVAC-R solution for several marine projects and to ensure adherence to contractual requirements. The Project Engineer Equipment is accountable for the quality of the design and the accuracy of the detail design of equipment and ensures that all is anchored in sound engineering principles. Actively participates in the execution of the project, often called upon to multi-task effectively and support multiple projects simultaneously. Interacts with the project team and supports the equipment team in interactions with the client to resolve technical issues and concerns.
- Review customer proposal and project documentation to identify any equipment compatibility issues and design discrepancies.
- Participate in project management tasks such as design reviews, status reporting, and team meetings.
- Designs specialized and standard refrigeration, cooling, heating or ventilation components required for military and commercial applications.
- Performs calculation (or supports calculations) of equipment capacities, shock and strength, center of gravity, cooling and heating capacities and requirements, etc.
- Provide recommendations to Project Manager regarding component requirements and selection for use in safe and hazardous/contaminated areas.
- Provide solutions in line with the requirements of the applicable regulatory body.
- Analyses component costs including labour (detailed design, engineering, testing, installation) for review with Project Manager.
- Discuss and solve problems with manufacturing, sub-contractors, suppliers, and customers
- Works with engineering team to prepare final drawings, Bill of Materials (BOM) for procurement, Technical Specifications Data Sheets, Air Flow diagrams, etc.
- Designs test procedures to validate efficacy of equipment; may have to design test procedures to meet MIL-SPEC.
- Designs FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) procedures
- Conduct configuration control on Engineering documents.
- Oversees the development and testing of the equipment and/or prototype.
What sets you apart?
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- 8+ years of experience.
- Relevant experience in engineering-related firm (an asset).
- Excellent 2D and 3D design skills.
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems (an asset)
- Problem-solving skills
- Bilingual English and French.
- No criminal record and must be able to meet security clearance requirements.
What sets us apart?
- Industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems
- Being part of exciting and challenging projects organization
- Have the opportunity to work in a very dynamic, diversified, and self-motivated team
- Competitive salary, group insurance &retirement program
- Wellness Program
- Friday afternoons off year-round
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org