The Naval World intrigues you!
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity with a Marine HVAC industry leader? You have a passion for sheet metal trades and want to contribute to daily project activities by fabricating HVAC equipment to be installed aboard ships. We want to meet you!
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine, a global leader of complete marine heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems providing turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide.
What will be your role?
Reporting to the HVAC Shop Supervisor, the Sheet Metal HVAC Journeyman will work in collaboration with the HVAC Shop team specialized in custom sheet metal products up to 3mm thick and equipment associated with Marine HVAC for HVAC-R systems projects installation. The incumbent will be operating the different metalworking machines:
- Measure and mark sheet metal according to template;
- Operate metalworking machines to cut, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal;
- Operate the following equipment’s:
- Plasma table;
- Horizontal Bandsaw;
- Pinch plate roll;
- Pittsburgh lock machine & Power flanger;
- Hydraulic Shear;
- Hydraulic Brake;
- TDF Former;
- Spot Welder;
- Roll Former.
- Inspect products to ensure quality and conformity to specification reads and understands shop and field sketches used in fabrication and erection, including those taken from original architectural and engineering drawings or sketches.
- Read blueprints, drawings and instructions that are to be followed.
- Use of power tools & hand tools.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and a Canadian Government Security clearance.
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience in a sheet metal shop
- Holds a valid Red Seal accreditation
- Able to read and interpret HVAC equipment and system diagrams
- Experience with part nesting
- Able to lift 50 pounds
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Group Insurance: Life, Dental, Health, Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Program
- Wellness Program
- Daytime Job
- Happy Hours, Teambuilding activities and more
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com