Reporting to ISS Director, the Spare Parts & Obsolescence Management Specialist will work with the In-Service-Support Team in supporting our customers with Spare Parts & Obsolescence Management requests for HVAC, Refrigeration, NBC and Sonar Mechanical Equipment.
- Responsible for sourcing and coordinating sales of spare parts for all Marine & Offshore projects.
- Provide customer service to meet their spare parts needs, in accordance with BMI’s parts protocols and processes.
- Research and identify alternative spare parts that are a suitable match in fit, form and function as well as meeting Client specification requirements.
- Co-ordination of any required shock and vibration testing of spare parts to meet Client specification requirements.
- Ensures that drawings are current (modified where needed by Engineering staff).
- Communicates with vendors documentation requirements and assembles packages as per customer needs.
- Ensures supporting documents for invoicing is provided to the Finance Department to maximize positive cash flow
- Serve as point-of-contact for Spare Parts & Obsolescence Management in regard to progress, invoicing, forecast costs, issues, quality trouble shooting and failure notifications.
- Provide shop and subcontractor support including, but not limited to:
- Developing Spare Parts & Obsolescence Management Procedures;
- Issuing purchase orders for spare parts;
- Document verifications;
- Ensure quality documentation is carried out and documented;
- Interacting with Client staff as required, to achieve material acceptance;
- Establish and maintain spare part strategies to include Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC), Bill of Material (BOM), quantity levels, etc.
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- 5- 7 years of experience in a manufacturing or repair environment
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Electro/Mechanical Technician with job-related experience
- Exposure to project, cost and schedule management is a plus
- Knowledge of MIL-Spec a definite advantage
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solid mechanical assembly know-how
- Ability to gain a Canadian security clearance (Canadian Citizen) and controlled goods is required.
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine is a global leader of complete marine heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems providing turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide. Bronswerk manages the entire process of the system life cycle; from design to commissioning, installation and in-service support.
What sets us apart:
Industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration Systems
- A workplace that encourages teamwork and innovation in order to meet our customers’ needs
- Competitive salary
- Life & Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Short- and Long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Retirement program
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org