What will be your role?
Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, the Welder Fitter will work in collaboration with the Halifax installation team on manufacturing and welding ducting, fittings, piping and other HVAC accessories. The ability to work with light gauge metals including aluminium and stainless steel is important.
- Operating manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas metal arc (MIG or GMAW)
- Operating and setting up a variety of equipment to shape sheet metal, manufacture required duct fittings as per engineering drawings
- Studying engineering drawings and blueprints to determine the required materials and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal most efficiently, as well as identifying specific customer requirements
- Inspecting materials for quality and conformance prior to usage and correct any inconsistencies
- Requesting/coordinating required materials from Bronswerk warehouse are brought to the manufacturing site
- Following and ensuring quality control/assurance procedures
- Keeping tools and work area clean and tidy
- Raising any concerns to the Installation Manager if the timelines are in jeopardy.
- May be called to assist with HVAC-R on-board installation
What sets you apart?
- 3 years + of relevant experience
- Holds a valid Red Seal accreditation
- Experience working with 16-gauge galv to 3mm+ black iron material using welding format
- Experience working with schedule 10 black iron pipe.
- Demonstrated coordinating & coaching ability
- CWB certification (an asset)
How do you apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine, a global leader of complete marine heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems providing turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide.
What sets us apart?
- Industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems
- Being part of exciting and challenging projects organization
- Have the opportunity to work in a very dynamic, diversified, and self-motivated team
- Competitive salary, group insurance & retirement program
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com